Sunday, May 8, 2011

Eggplant, Does It Have Health Benefits?

I like eating eggplants, may it be boiled, fried or grilled. But many say it has no health benefits and I believe that all along. But just recently, I got curious if it really doesn't have any health benefits. Besides, will there be a fruit without any nutritional value?

I've just read the eggplants are low in calories. That means, those who are on a diet can eat eggplants. It's also rich in fiber, helping in regulation of blood sugar and keeps cholesterol levels low. However, this fruit contains measurable amounts of oxalates.

What is oxalate? It's an organic acid harmful to those with kidney or gallbladder problems. Thus, this should be avoided with these problems.

I like eggplant with fried fish or fried pork, dipped in vinegar. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment